Overview:Claimant can receive:
- cash awards up to $50,000 or up to $250,000
- plus debt relief for qualified farm loans currently owed to USDA
- Must be Hispanic or female
- Alleged discrimination by USDA based on being Hispanic or women during certain periods between 1981 and 2000
- Up to $1.33 billion available to be claimed plus up to $160 million in debt relief
DEADLINE FOR FILING HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO MAY 1, 2013
DO YOU QUALIFY?
Farmers who believe that the USDA improperly denied them Farm Loan benefits because they were Hispanic or female may be eligible to file a claim under this program if:
The farmer sought a farm loan or farm loan servicing from USDA from:
▪ 1991-1996 (Hispanic or female farmers)
▪ October 13, 1998 – October 13, 2000 (Hispanic farmers)
▪ October 19, 1998 – October 19, 2000 (female farmers)
The following loans qualify: Operating Loans (excluding Youth Loans), Farm Ownership Loans, Emergency loans, Soil and Water loans, Primary loan Servicing (debt restricting), Preservation Loan servicing (Homestead Protection and Farmland leaseback/Buyback), Debt settlement, Release of income from the sale of crops and livestock to pay essential family living and farm operating expenses.
You may qualify if you were denied a benefit or if the loan was for less than what you asked for or was late.
Awards: There are three categories for awards.
Tier 1(a)—cash award up to $50,000 plus debt relief
Tier 1(b)—cash award for actual economic damage up to $250,000
Tier 2 –-cash award $50,000 plus debt relief
Attorney Alina Cruz, can assist you in making your claims. She is listed on the Legal Assistance Network Listing and has reviewed the Attorney Training material provided by Farmers Legal Action Group (FLAG) to represent claimants in in this action.
A professional presentation is the best way to obtain your maximum benefits. Attorney Cruz can analyze your situation, advise you how to best proceed, and prepare your package so that you can get the most positive result in your case. If you think you may have a claim, please do not delay. Remember, All claims must be in by 03/25/2013.
Your money is waiting.
Please contact us to see how we can help you.